Classes are £6 per session, bookable in terms. You can join the term at any point if there is availability. If you are new to Reading Fairy and would like to take advantage of the 3 for 2 classes (£12) please drop me a message.
Please book via this website and pay before class starts. Payment details on your confirmation email.
For sibling and childminder discounts or any queries please message me for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
COVID-19 Information FOR VENUE CLASSES
To make everything run as smoothly and as safely as possible can you please read the following information carefully BEFORE YOU BOOK A PLACE.
Class sizes are strictly a maximum of 8 to give everyone enough space. Only one parent/carer may accompany each child so there can be no extra visitors for the time being. Younger siblings may accompany (we recommend a sling for babies).
By booking a class you will agree to our social distance rules, every family will have a designated area to play and stay.I will remind of these rules throughout but please note your child is your responsibility.
All adults are required to wear a face covering during the class. If you have an exemption reason, please can you let me know in advance (I don’t need to know the reason for exemption). Disposable masks will be available if you forget yours.
The set up will be a little different to what you are used to for a while, so, until we can get back to normal, the sessions will consist of:
1. There will be weekly recommendations of props to bring from home. This will encourage extra play at home and offer another activity to spark wonderful conversation with your little one. For example, I might ask you to bring something beginning with /r/.
2. When you arrive, you will find your “spot” (big enough for dancing, playing and jumping around!) and there will be a small basket of objects for you to use throughout the class. Feel free to use these as often as you want during class, and I will guide some play with them as we go!
3. 40-45 minutes of Structured Activities - I will lead the activities with your little one and I will encourage you to get involved too. We dance, sing and play using a huge array of different resources. We encourage the use of our imaginations a lot at Reading Fairy as we go on different adventures with all our loveable characters, Reading Fairy, Phonic Fox, Music Mouse, Chat Cat and Book Bear.
4. There will be limited GROUP ACTIVITIES due to the layout of the mats which makes it difficult to use the various cloths and resources which we hold together for e.g. parachutes, play-bands etc. I will try my best not to exclude these activities altogether, as I know the sheer delight they bring your little one (and you!). I will endeavour to develop a safe way of reintroducing these activities as it is still a work in progress.
5. All props, mats and touch points will be thoroughly cleaned in between sessions. As there is only 1 class per group per week, there will be no shared objects between groups. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and various other points around the building. Absolutely everything (and I mean everything) will be thoroughly cleaned each day.
**IMPORTANT** - PLEASE READ
In the event of a local lockdown or if we need to close temporarily because someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 has listed the class venue as a place they visited recently, some or all of the remaining sessions in the term will be provided either in a live Zoom session or a pre-recorded video. Classes cannot be refunded or rolled over to subsequent terms.
Your information would also need to be shared with the NHS Test & Trace system. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and ensure it is used only for the purposes of protecting public health, including minimising the transmission of COVID-19.