Reading Fairy Summer Story Events
Our story events encourage a love of phonics, rhymes, words, action-storytelling and picture books. They are aimed at 1-5 year olds, but younger and older siblings are warmly welcomed. These one off events cost £4 per family and will include themes such as ‘Woof-Woof, Wow’ and ‘We’re going on a shark hunt’. More dates will be added to the timetable through the summer.
Get Set for School course –
Available LIVE online this summer!
A short summer holiday course comprising 5 x 45 minute sessions to help your child prepare for settling in to school and enjoy a successful first year.
• Supports a confident start to all school phonics reading programmes and the wider early years curriculum.
• Explores everything you and your child need for starting school from practicalities such as recognising your name and getting dressed to managing feelings and staying healthy (e.g. washing hands).
• Lovable characters (from Phonic Fox to Book Bear) scaffold action-packed classes to ensure your child is fully engaged as they sing, read, perform and play their way to learning key skills for literacy and the wider early years curriculum.
• Reading and wider literacy skills include: phonics, comprehension, storytelling, language development, communication and nurturing a love of books for enjoyment and knowledge.
• Information and practical ideas for parents and carers help you support your child’s literacy and learning at home.
• Created by experts, our unique Reading Fairy Activity Workbook embeds opportunities to practise skills and record learning through the course.
Overarching themes are interwoven throughout the Get Set for School course to ensure your child is introduced to key reading, literacy and subject skills as they prepare:
Day 1 – Recognising your name and activities at school
Day 2 – Getting dressed and the journey to school
Day 3 – Eating at school, school rules, health and hygiene
Day 4 – The school day and environmental sounds and print
Day 5 – Feelings, friendship and emotional well-being
BOOK NOW for a confident start to school.
Give your child a confident start to school for just £40 if you are an existing Reading Fairy customer or book early. I will run this course with the following options:
Week commencing 24.8.20- Attend every morning at 9.30am.
Week commencing 31.8.20- Attend every morning at 9.30am.
Attend across the fortnight 24.8 - 4.9- contact me for further details.
You can access a recorded class for any sessions you cannot make ‘live’. You can access these classes from anywhere whilst we are online- you do not have to live in York!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Find and follow me on social media to keep up to date with news, offers and new events (Reading Fairy Classes York on Facebook and readingfairyyork on Instagram).