Did you know that 1 in 8 disadvantaged children in the UK don't own a book of their own? We are asking you to #shareyourshelves with the world and give all children the opportunity to read for pleasure
To join in with this Reading Fairy campaign all you will is;
- A book
- A plastic wrap (one of those folder pockets is perfect)
- A printable book insert and bookmark for the lucky finder
1. Grab your book and think about a hiding place.
There are a few things to consider here, from the book you choose to the place you hide it.
Choose you hiding place wisely. You want it to be hidden in view not hidden forever. That will only result is a sad, soggy book.
Some of our favourite places are;
- On a mode of public transport
- At the park
- On a walk around your local area
- At a transport station
2. Print you bookmark and information for free using the link above.
Protect your book with some plastic and pop everything inside.
3. You don't have to do this alone!
Why not enlist the help of some of your friends or school friends? Imagine all those happy children finding your hidden books if your whole school got involved!