Thank you for registering your interest in Reading Fairy Dundee!
To make everything run as smoothly and as safely as possible can you please read the following information carefully BEFORE YOU BOOK A PLACE.
Only one parent/carer may accompany each child so there can be no extra visitors for the time being. Siblings may accompany (we recommend a sling for babies).
Adults must maintain a safe 2m distance from each other. By booking a class you are doing so on the understanding that there is a chance that other children may be in close contact with you and/or your child. This will not be encouraged by me, and every family will have a designated area to play. You child is your responsibility.
All adults are required to wear a face covering upon entering, during, and leaving the class. If you have an exemption reason, please can you let me know in advance (I don’t need to know the reason for exemption). Disposable masks will be available if you forget yours.
The set up will be a little different to what you are used to for a while, so, until we can get back to normal, the sessions will consist of:
1. I recommend bringing a teddy or favourite toy from home for our book reading at the end of every class.
2. When you arrive, you will find your “spot” (big enough for dancing, playing and jumping around!) and there will be a small basket of objects for you to use throughout the class. Feel free to use these as often as you want during class, and I will guide some play with them as we go!
3. 30 - 40 minutes of Structured Activities - I will lead the activities with your little one and I will encourage you to get involved too. We dance, sing and play using a huge array of different resources. We encourage the use of our imaginations a lot at Reading Fairy as we go on different adventures with all our loveable characters, Reading Fairy, Phonic Fox, Music Mouse, Chat Cat and Book Bear.
4. All props, mats and touch points will be thoroughly cleaned in between sessions. As there is only 1 class per group per week, there will be no shared objects between groups. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and various other points around the building. Absolutely everything (and I mean everything) will be thoroughly cleaned each day.
The address is: Toddler Sense Classes & Birthday Parties, Kirk Street, Dundee, DD2 3HD. That’s right! We’re sharing an amazing venue with Toddler Sense Dundee. It is on the corner of Lorne Street. There is on street parking available on Kirk Street, Lorne Street and any of the side streets. If you arrive on foot, there is a small buggy park available inside. You may need to fold up your pram/pushchair.
Online classes - in the event of a lockdown, all booked classes will be moved online. Live & recorded sessions will be available.
I also recommend you join our dedicated group Storytelling and Phonics Fun with Reading Fairy Dundee & Perth
- Extra activities for each developmental stage (from Book Babies to Reading Recruits!)
- Any photos I take from classes plus a safe space for you to share photos
- An opportunity for you to ask for more information on any activity / story we do in class
- Videos going over each week's letter sounds
- And much more!
**IMPORTANT** - PLEASE READ
In the event of a local lockdown or if we need to close temporarily because someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 has listed the class venue as a place they visited recently, some or all of the remaining sessions in the term will be provided either in a live Zoom session or a pre-recorded video. Classes cannot be refunded or rolled over to subsequent terms.
Your information would also need to be shared with the NHS Test & Trace system. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and ensure it is used only for the purposes of protecting public health, including minimising the transmission of COVID-19.
Thank you for reading - Book Now!