Please scroll to the bottom of this page to read our COVID guidelines.
Reading Fairy is developed by early reading experts:
Created by early reading experts, Emily Guille-Marrett and Charlotte Raby, Reading Fairy classes are designed to develop the crucial building blocks for reading and language development from 1-5 years. Our unique programme is based on the latest research and best early years practice.
At Reading Fairy, we believe in learning through play and nurturing a love of reading. We use fun props and sensory experiences to engage and delight your child. Our activities include: sensory and performance storytelling, songs and rhymes, first words and fun phonics games, picture book time and more!
Classes are limited to 10 children per session, to ensure your child gets the best start for reading for life. Research indicates this is the optimum time for children of this age, to engage and reap the rewards of their learning (please note, at present classes are limited to 5 children due to COVID restrictions and guidelines).
Each session is split into different age ranges, and tailored so that your child is having fun at the appropriate level for them.
Reading Fairy's progressive programme grows with every child:
STAGE 1: Book Babies (Age 1+) -encourages early language and literacy
STAGE 2: Toddler Tales (Age 18 months +) -active early language and literacy
STAGE 3: Story Stars (Age 2+) -introduces letters and sounds for early reading fun
STAGE 4: Reading Recruits (Ages 3 and 4) -develops skills for reading to prepare your child for reading at school.
Reading Fairy's unique characters support children's learning:
Reading Fairy has developed lovable characters to represent critical reading and language skills. Your child will fall in love with Reading Fairy and all her friends; Phonic Fox, Chat Cat, Music Mouse and Book Bear!
Reading Fairy: Loves stories and story telling.
Phonic Fox: Uses phonics to help children make links between letters and sounds.
Chat Cat: Develops children's talking, listening and communication skills which are essential for learning to read.
Music Mouse: Sings nursery rhymes which are vital in developing early oral and literacy skills.
Book Bear: Shares a picture book with the children in every class inspiring a love of reading.
We work with leading organisations to run storytelling and picture book events for reading and literacy charities, libraries, publishing houses and educational establishments to support children's reading.
COVID 19 Information
A revised in-venue class format has been agreed by the Bee Hive management team, in conjunction with our Head Office, the Local Authority, government guidelines and guidance from the Children’s Activities Association.
* Cleanliness in my classes in ‘normal’ times is of an extremely high standard and my practices will be heightened for reopening, including time between each class to clean, steam and disinfect
* All mats/props/high touch points will be cleaned thoroughly between every class. Hand sanitiser/hand washing facilities will always be available. My class risk assessment will be available to view in class.
* The number of families in each class will be strictly limited to 5 families. Only 1 parent can attend class per family, and unfortunately additional visitors will not be permitted to attend at this time. A family would be 1 adult and 1 child. A sibling or baby can attend if there is space within the class and previously agreed when booking your space.
* Each family will be allocated their own zone and a box of exciting, freshly cleaned props exclusively for your use during the session. You will complete the entire class sitting on your allocated space. If your child is mobile, it is important that they stay with you during the class in your allocated area
* A face covering is required for adults. Children are not required to wear a face covering.
* If you are unable to attend your allocated class, please note that unfortunately class swaps are currently not available. Please note that unfortunately missed classes cannot be refunded or deferred.
* Government guidance is continually changing, and I will continue to update my policies and procedures when necessary, with the support of the Health Protection team at Chichester District Council.
** COVID-19 UPDATE **
Please be aware of the following important updates to my localised booking conditions for my franchise area for the Autumn 2020 in-venue term:
· In order to comply with Government guidelines for indoor activities only 1 adult is permitted to attend with baby.
· If you, your child or anyone in your household are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in close contact with someone who has, please DO NOT attend classes. Please follow government guidelines regarding isolation.
· In the event of a further lockdown, if the hall is closed due to COVID-19 or if I am personally unable to run classes due to COVID-19 your in-venue classes will immediately continue online via Zoom. Online classes will be offered on your allocated class day for the duration of the lockdown/until I am able to return to venue. A recording of the class will also be available if preferred. Please note that by making a booking, you are accepting that it may be necessary for some of the sessions you’ve booked to be transferred online. Regrettably, it will not be possible to refund or defer any in-venue bookings during the term.
· By booking a place you give us permission to pass on your details to the NHS Track/Trace Service.